"Be Paper Free" iPad® Giveaway Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participants must have internet access. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. WHO MAY ENTER: Edfinancial Services’ “BE PAPER FREE” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 19 years of age or older, who have an Edfinancial-serviced student loan account, and who are not enrolled in Edfinancial’s “eStatements” as of the date the Sweepstakes begins. You may not participate if you are not a legal U.S. resident and not physically located within the United States at the time of entry. You must have access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below) and the subsequent prize award period. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) employees of Edfinancial Services, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or employees; (b) officers, employees or agents of any organizations directly involved with this Sweepstakes, including any co-sponsor of the Sweepstakes; (c) immediate family members and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) and (b) above; or (d) borrowers who were enrolled in Sponsor’s “eStatements” program at any time during the 12 months prior to October 1, 2013.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Complete the electronic entry form between October 1, 2013 and no later than 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on December 15, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”) by logging on to Sponsor’s website located at www.edfinancial.com/Giveaway and also enrolling for “eStatements” via your online Edfinancial account at Manage My Account (www.edfinancial.com/MMA) during the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of these Sweepstakes, “receipt” of an internet entry occurs when (1) Sponsor’s servers record the entry information resulting from the entrant clicking the “Submit Entry” button and (2) your online enrollment in “eStatements” via your online Edfinancial account is completed. You may also enter by enrolling online for “eStatements” via your online Edfinancial account at Manage My Account (www.edfinancial.com/MMA) during the Sweepstakes Period and also sending in a completed mail-in entry form to Edfinancial’s Be Paper Free iPad® Giveaway Sweepstakes, 120 North Seven Oaks Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922 during the Sweepstakes Period. To mail in an entry form, fill out a 3x5 post card by printing at the top “Edfinancial’s ‘Be Paper Free’ iPad® Giveaway Sweepstakes“ and also include your name, address (including zip code), home and work telephone numbers (including area codes), Edfinancial account number, and email address (if applicable) and mail postage paid to the address above. All mailed entries must be postmarked and received by December 15, 2013. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All winners must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules in order to qualify for the prize. Limit one entry per person. Submitting an entry to the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to the terms of these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of the website during the Sweepstakes Period, including any telephone problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of traffic congestion on the internet or at the website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material related to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of the method of entry.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: There will be five (5) winners. Winners will be selected in five (5) separate random drawings on or about October 21, 2013, November 4, 2013, November 18, 2013, December 2, 2013, and December 16, 2013 from all eligible entries received. Sponsor will confirm that each eligible participant and entry received as of each random drawing is enrolled in “eStatements” as of the date and time of each random drawing is conducted. Limit one prize per eligible entry. Each random drawing will include the eligible entries of all eligible participants who have not been awarded a Prize as of the date of such drawing. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or mail within 14 days following each random drawing. Decisions of judges are final.
6. PRIZES: Five (5) Prizes awarded will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Prize will consist of an Apple iPad® with Retina Display, 16GB with Wi-Fi (2013) with an approximate retail value of $500.00. The total approximate retail value of all Prizes is $2,500. Only the prizes specified above will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent. All federal, state and local income taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees connected to the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor shall only be responsible for awarding the number of prizes as stated in these rules. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prizes awarded.
7. CLAIMING PRIZE: All properly claimed Prizes will be awarded. As a condition of winning the Prizes, the winners must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, where permitted by law, and any other applicable forms required by a taxing authority within ten (10) days of receipt of written prize notification or Prizes will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If any correspondence of the Sweepstakes judge or any Prize is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize. Any unclaimed Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary. The Prizes will be shipped only to addresses in the United States.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, hold harmless, and agree not to institute any claim against Sponsor and all co-sponsors of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize awarded herein; and/or 2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to or from any prize related activity. Upon delivery of a Prize to a winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the Prize. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select winners from among all eligible entries prior to the cancellation. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any participant who acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the laws of the United States and by entering, all participants submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Knoxville, Tennessee.
12. OFFICIAL RULES POSTING: These Official Rules will be posted on Sponsor’s website at www.edfinancial.com/GiveawayRules during the Sweepstakes Period. Copies of the Official Rules may also be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Edfinancial’s Be Paper Free iPad® Giveaway Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES - 120 North Seven Oaks Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922.
13. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a winners list by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Edfinancial’s Be Paper Free iPad® Giveaway Sweepstakes – WINNERS LIST - 120 North Seven Oaks Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922. Requests must be received by April 1, 2014.
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Edfinancial Services, LLC, 120 North Seven Oaks Drive, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922.
iPad is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. This sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Apple, Inc. The content of this publication does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Education nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
©2013 (Edfinancial). All rights reserved.